This is my modest collection of Windows freeware.
Follow the links for a more detailed description and a download link.
- A tool to discover the aspect ratio of a movie that you play on your
A program launcher that helps keep your favorite programs available in
Browse data from The Movie Database.
Delayed startup of programs when Windows starts.
Tools specifically for
DVD Profiler users:
- A program to check for persons in your collection that needs (or may
need) a birth year.
- A program to check for non-compliant data in box set parents.
CastCrewCheck2 - A program to help verify cast and crew in
A program to query specific cast or crew members.
- A program to help find cast that needs group dividers.
CLTinfo - A
program that takes the output from mediadogg's CLTBoss and formats it
into an easily readable format.
- Copy a title or a UPC to the clipboard to check if this title is in
your collection already.
ContribLookupPlus - Help finding contribution notes.
A program to find actors that are common to two titles, or films that
two actors both are credited in.
- A tool to help find common names.
A program to inspect the pixel dimensions of cover scans.
- A program to inspect name variants where the CreditedAs feature is
A tool to find possibly incorrect names.
- A program that let's you compare online profiles.
- A program that lets you fetch data from Invelos online database.
Advanced search of overviews.
- A program that lets you compare your local profiles with their online
Analyze a faulty XML export file.
A program to compare two profiles.
Run Profiler maintenance automatically on a schedule.
A program to help auditing an existing profile.
Keep track of watched TV show episodes.
Reorder TV show episodes in a profile.
A program that helps users of DVD Profiler to enter cast and crew from
the film credits.
- Identifies profiles added by Disc ID where the ID in the disc section
doesn't match the profile ID.
A program that lets you find cover images that may need to be improved.
- A program to check if you have invalid birth years in your collection.
A program to determine if an audio track is mono.
- Finds names that appears as regular names in some profiles and as Credited as in
- Checks if you have cast or crew in DVD Profiler that have their names
parsed differently in different titles, for example Barbara/Bel/Geddes
and Barbara//Bel Geddes.
A program to help users of DVD Profiler to find erroneous overviews.
- An advanced program to help users of DVD Profiler to find
erroneous overviews. Needs HTTPJolie
- A program to merge two DVDProfiler export files.
- A program that shows an overview of missing data in DVD
A program to make statistical queries about your DVD collection if you
use DVD Profiler.
- A program that shows info from OMDb when a profile is selected in DVD
Similar to CastCrewCheck2, but uses data from The Movie Database.
- Similar to TmdbCheck, but for TVshows.
Note also that
AspectGuide, although not made specifically for Profiler users, is
indeed very useful when profiling movies.
I have also created a DLL named PqLib.dll, which
basically is the query engine from ProfilerQuery, without any user
interface. If you are a developer and you are interested in what this
can do, give me a shout.
Installing and uninstalling:
Most of my programs do not come with an installer. You just
open the zip file and drag (or copy/paste) the enclosed catalog to
wherever you want it.
You can create a shortcut to the .exe file and send it to the desktop,
or wherever you want it. Drag the .exe to GsyLaunch if
you use that.
Since there is no installer, there also is no uninstaller. Just delete
the catalog and any shortcuts you have made.
There is very little data saved outside the program catalog, but if you
need to clean it completely, here is where data is stored:
- In the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Gunnar Syrén\[program
- In AppData: C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Gunnar
- GsyLaunch saves backup in Documents/GsyLaunch, and GsyLogger saves
log files in Documents/GsyLogger.